Bang goes my UpTime or Lousy ScotiaBank

Slack Rat slackrat-MOdoAOVCFFcswetKESUqMA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 4 18:33:41 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Newman" <michael.r.newman-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

> Which browser are you using?
> Maybe check your HTTP headers to see what kind of information your
> browser is sending out:
> http://www.ioerror.us/ip/headers
>
> More than likely it's something on their end. If a phone call won't fix
> it, there's always PC Financial. ;)

At the time I was using Opera, which I always use, set to ID as
Internet Explorer from a Windows partition on a dual boot
XP/Slack 10.2 laptop

OK, so I didn't reboot and tried again a few minutes later with
the same result. "[blah] Reboot  [blah]"

I tried again  just now and everything went fine

They do refer to "security precautions" _before_ logging on
in one of their blurbs on how they protect privacy etc.
and I did get the message immediately on bringing up the
ScotiaBank site via a bookmark.

It would have been middle of the night EDT when I logged in
and I am on a French ISP, but don't see how that would affect
it since I have had exactly the same setup for over a year now.

The only thing I could think of was that they  might have been
trying some new security scheme in the night when things were
relatively quiet.

--
Slackrat
[Bill Henderson]