Women in IT (Aug 3). Online freedom of speech (Aug 5th)

Dave Bour dcbour-Uj1Tbf34OBsy5HIR1wJiBuOEVfOsBSGQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 31 20:54:06 UTC 2006

Rob,
It's actually funny.  We just bought a Volvo this past week.  Funny part
was, I didn't even get the sales guy's focus, acknowlegement or anything
until tech talk and finances came up.  My wife was addressed first, then
asked what she was looking for.  Once we got to details, beyond safety
did I actually get a part in the conversation.  Unusual.  Never had that
before in 20 years of buying cars.
Even the last sales guy continued to treat my wife as though she wasn't
there when I gave him the exact line you just did too.  "I'm not
looking, she is".  If it wasn't for the fact that my wife wanted THAT
car, we'd have walked from the dealership.
D.

Dave Bour
Desktop Solution Center
905.381.0077