Sending email on a schedule?

Mon Jul 31 20:18:41 UTC 2006

Does anyone send email on a regular schedule, perhaps with a tool like
remind?  I am looking for a tool or combination of tools that I can use
to send myself, and occasionally others, pre-written emails.

I could just create at (for one-time entries) or cron (for repeating
entries) jobs, but I am sure that this issue has been dealt with before.

I'm looking for simple stuff, like a reminder near the end of the day to
pick up cheese, or two weeks before my anniversary to send me a reminder
to start thinking hard about presents, etc...

The key items are - that I can send an email to myself or another on a
schedule, and that I can add new entries without too much effort.  Any
suggestions?
--

yours,

William