Linux-friendly multi-port ADSL modem-cum-router recommendations?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 27 22:15:05 UTC 2006

  First of all... long live dial-up.  I'm now getting my money's worth
from my 295.ca account... but I would really rather be back on
broadband.

  I've had a GVC BB0072 4-port router/modem for a couple of years.
Recently, it's been flakey, and today I can't even get to it from either
of 2 machines, each of which has their own cable connecting to the
router.  Power-cycling doesn't help, so I'm in the market for a
replacement ADSL modem-router.  Non-negotiable requirements are...
  - compatability with Toronto ADSL setup.
  - compatability with linux; does not require MS IE to configure; I
    actually prefer a telnet interface.

  Features that I really, really want...
  - 3 or 4 ports, so I don't need a separate router
  - configurable firewalling/packet-filtering
  - SUA

  Any recommended modems and/or stores?

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1