Women in IT (Aug 3). Online freedom of speech (Aug 5th)

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 26 02:42:13 UTC 2006

Last week I got an e-mail from the "Social Tech
Brewing Co." who are running two lectures next week:

- Women in IT (Aug 3).
- Online freedom of speech (Aug 5th)

Details and how to sign up for the "Women in IT" event
can be seen at: socialtechbrewing.org . I have
forwarded info. about this on to all the Toronto area
women involved in IT that I know, 10 women in all, a
too short list :-( .

I have signed up for the "Women in IT" event even
though I am still attempting to work out the question
"Where is a story here that I can write about (and
sell :-) )?". We all know women are seriously under
represented  in a number of science / technology
fields (not just IT) and saying "Isn't that quite sad,
something really ought to be done at some point."
doesn't sound like the sort of story I would want to
write...

Thoughts?

Colin McGregor