GPG Key Signing

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 23 23:55:18 UTC 2006

Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> Christopher Browne wrote:
>
>> Do we have someone who could speak with some authority on PGP, GPG,
>> the Web of Trust, and such, as a part of a meeting where we'd seek to
>> do a fairly massive key signing?
>
> I'd like to help if possible. I'm hardly an authority on the issue, but
> I am an assurer for CAcert and would be happy to add anyone attending to
> its WoT in addition to the usual signings. Being involved with CACert
> allows you to get security certificates for domains and servers as well
> as specific email addresses.

Hey that'd be great, I've been meaning to learn about the various parts
and forms of key/cert generation and signing.

Elsewhere, Evan meet David, David meet Evan :) But really, what can we
setup as a more permanent signing location/person? I mentioned to David
that the cafe would be a suitable location -- David mentioned that he
had also come up with the idea that he could function as a basic signer,
this during his year of accidentally self-imposed censorship however.

What's involved in setting something like this up?