Linux in the Park thoughts...

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 23 13:31:35 UTC 2006

Colin McGregor wrote:
> Last Friday I spoke to David Patrick (owner of
> Linuxcaffe) about the idea of doing a Linux in the
> Park event in August.
>
> The idea would be to get a little sun, play with some
> Linux boxes and otherwise have a bit of fun down in a
> park across the street from Linuxcaffe (near Bloor and
> Christie). Now, David notes he can arrange for the
> following:
>
> - Wireless Internet (via a router inside Linuxcaffe).
> - Some power in the park (10 Amps/115 volts, enough to
>   power several laptops).
> - Some cheap (used) PCs for sale.
>
> What else should be looked at for an event like this?

Who has a copy of the Film Revolution OS? For those who have seen it,
I'm sure you'll agree that it is nothing short of the most suitable film
to show for an event like this, perhaps on the 25th of August doubly so.
FOr those who haven't seen it, the film is quite a treat to watch.

Anyone care to bring their DVD copy for Linux in the Park? We're
thinking projection at the cafe. Any other good documentaries that would
be appropriate?

Jamon