Fedora

Chris Cunnington cunnington-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 23 00:29:40 UTC 2006

On 7/22/06 8:05 PM, "James Knott" <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Chris Cunnington wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Where can I pick up a Fedora 5 installation disk for ppc? I think they're
>> the red disks. I've seen them around and ignored them, and now I'd like to
>> find one. Is there a Red Hat office around somewhere that has them in the
>> lobby, or something like that?
>
> A few seconds of hard googling turned up this.
>
> ftp://ftp.linux.ncsu.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/ppc/iso

James,

This is the problem I'm trying to get away from.
I've downloaded. I've burnt disks. I've attempted to load using boot.iso
using the instructions from:

http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/ibook/fedorappc.html

Part 5 of that tutorial says burn boot.iso, restart, while holding down C.
Then something should happen. Nothing happens. It reverts to OS X.

Where do I get a Fedora ppc disk in Toronto?

Chris Cunnington