Doing a Linux MASS install.

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 20 22:15:27 UTC 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 03:39:46PM -0400, Vlad wrote:
> On 7/20/06, Peter <plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> >A single network segment won't support more than 256 hosts but 100 is
> >about the limit ime. It would make a 100MBps segment feel like 1MBps
> >adsl, at best.
>
>        Repeat after me "This is my multicasted stream. There are many
> like it, but this one is mine. Multicasting is my best friend. It is
> my life. [...]". Ahem. I'll be quiet now. ;)

Doesn't router has to support multicast?  Or, is it a fundamental IP
scheme?

As far as I know multicast is suitable when you don't care about error
or feedback.  But, when you're copying partition image to multiple
targets at the same time, when happens if one target wants some packets
retransmited?

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada
BashDiff: Super Bash shell