Suggestions on web hosting?

Alex Maynard amaynard-vQ8rsROW2HJSpjfjxSPG1fd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 20 18:51:47 UTC 2006

Hi All:

I wanted to see if any suggestions on reliable (& affordable) web hosting.

By switching universities this summer I'm losing access to a unix account
which I was able to ssh into for e-mail (pine) and web page editing.
So I'm looking for something reliable and affordable that would do the
same thing (or even better, allow use of php/mysql).  One option is do
this from my computer, but I'm worried that it would make it more
vulnerable to break ins.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Alex