CUPS problem on Ubuntu

E K ekg_ab-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 20 15:59:54 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I installed Ubuntu 6.06 LTS (Dapper Drake) as a server
and as a workstation. I installed cupsys on both and
tried to install a JetDirect printer with lpadmin on
both. The command line I used is identical and
checking the printer.conf file proves that it is so.

However, I was able to print from the workstation the
server simply queues the request and does not print
it. lpstat shows the job queued but lprm says there is
no active jobs on the printer.

Any idea?

TIA
EK