Is Javascript bad? Is W3 validation important, or just cross-browser compatibility is? (was: Supermarket repackaging trick again)

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 19 20:58:15 UTC 2006

On 7/18/06, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
[...]
> The funny part is that JavaScript bears no material relationship to
> Java; they are totally different sorts of languages, beyond the vague
> similarity that code in both languages has some aspects of syntax that
> might remind one of C...

Also very similar to Perl.  Close enough that I'm tinkering with the
idea of writing a JIT perl->js translator/interpreter in/with/for
Atomic OS - hopefully with the help of a Perl Foundation grant.

I haven't tried it yet, but JSAN (http://www.openjsan.org/) is an
attempt to give JavaScript programmers a CPAN-like tool.

--
Scott Elcomb
http://w3.avidus.ca/

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle,
stand like a rock."

  - Thomas Jefferson