my server was cracked; now what?

Dave Cramer davec-zxk95TxsVYDyHADnj0MGvQC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 18 15:21:15 UTC 2006

Aaron,

Everyone so far is being polite. Regardless of how important this is
to your business you MUST reformat it and rebuild it. If I were
you're hosting company I'd pull the plug on the machine. What would
happen if this machine were to fail due to hardware problems,
consider this a learning experience of how to deal with hardware
failures. They do happen!

Regards,

Dave