Note to Sympatico One Bill customers

Vlad shiwan-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 16 16:36:13 UTC 2006

        Regarding fallback...

        One ADSL link with a static /27, and one dry-loop ADSL link
with another static /27, and talking iBGP with the upstream provider.
Total monthly cost is about $125.

        Of course, when a WIC-1ADSL is around $500, and you need two,
as well as a router with two or more WIC slots... not so cheap. Unless
you happen to have the hardware just lying around.

        The cheaper solution is to add a dry-loop connection from
another provider, and when one goes down, plug into the other.
However, if the DSLAM is down, then you're fairly pooched.

        However, there's PPPoA...

        -- Vlad

--
end