Note to Sympatico One Bill customers

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 16 16:11:57 UTC 2006

Alex Beamish wrote:

> And finally, a question: What kind of fallback do the TLUG members have
> for their Internet connection? I know I've been able to use Sympatico
> dial-up when my digital modem has died .. I still have a 56K dial-up
> modem. Because I use it so rarely I haven't had to set my machine up as
> a DHCP server and web proxy, but could that if necessary. I'm just
> wondering if I can subscribe to a dial-up service that I can use in an
> emergency like the one I just had.

I use G3 Telecom.  I have the $4.95/15 hour plan, for when I want to use
dial up, to connect my notebook to my home network.  Prior to this, I
had my own PPP dial up connection, on my home computer.

http://www.g3telecom.com/Dialup.aspx

Incidentally, during that big power failure a couple of years back, I
really had to rough it, relying on that connection for all my internet
access, at least until the notebook battery died.