m$ to Google: do not dare take away from us what isn't ours

Brandon Sandrowicz brandon-77Z/iqU1yLlrovVCs/uTlw at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 15 16:07:15 UTC 2006

I think that this is the choice quote:

"Enterprise search is our business, it's our house and Google is not
going to take that business," Turner told 7,000 delegates attending
Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference. "Those people are not going
to be allowed to take food off our plate, because that is what they
are intending to do."

Is it any wonder that you get anti-competitive statements coming out
of the guy they got from Walmart?  It's like he's inviting another
anti-trust trial, "We won't allow anyone to challenge us.  We are the
only ones allowed to have enterprise search."  I think he also wins
the drama queen award for the "take food off our plate" analogy.
It's not like Microsoft will die on the vine if they lose enterprise
search, or (god forbid) have to *share* the space with another
competitor or two.