Logging into a computer behind a router?

Randy Jonasz rjonasz-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 14 19:31:13 UTC 2006

Hey Alex,

On 7/14/06, Alex Maynard <amaynard-vQ8rsROW2HJSpjfjxSPG1fd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi All:

> so, does anyone know of a simple way to change this so that I can log in
> from outside?

The solution I used is to log in to your router with a browser and set
up port forwarding to the computer you want to log in to.  If you're
using ssh, port forward 22.  You might even set sshd to listen to
another port and forward that one as well.  Then you'll have direct
access to both from the outside.  There might be other solutions I am
not aware of but this works for me.

Cheers,

Randy
--