CDRW: cdrecord: No disk / Wrong disk!

Jason Spiro jasonspiro4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 14 09:26:28 UTC 2006

I am taking the liberty of replying to list because I think others,
too, will find that what you wrote was valuable. :-)

On 7/13/06, Zbigniew Koziol <softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 13 July 2006 21:13, you wrote:
> >
> > Hmm. I wonder if it would be practical to start up an Error Message
> > Wiki where people could post error messages they have encountered and
> > the steps they took to solve the error message...
>
> The web sites is a something I do for about 10 years. More or less ugly.
>
> There is a sense to make a new web site if you are ready to put a lot of
> effort into that work. To make the web site usable and visible. Note that can
> not be done easy. I do not question the idea itself, just try to explain that
> it is very difficult to emerge, become at the top. When I have any technical
> problem I just go to google. With a properly formulated question one gets
> tons of pages there in response, usually with usefull response.

Well, wikibooks.org and wikicities.com make it a bit easier to make
new web sites, and they can be edited by all.., but then again, IMO
nobody usually helps out with a wiki page that's not on wikipedia
unless you have something really good already. :-)

> > You may have to try calling the store where you bought the burner or
> > the manufacturer's technical support line and telling them there's a
> > problem with burning CDs in WinXP. Of course, they probably will
> > exchange the drive if it's defective.
>
> :) Good idea. That it does now work with Windows ;)

I don't understand.

--
Jason Spiro: computer consulting with a smile.
I also do computer training and spyware removal for homes and businesses.