CDRW: cdrecord: No disk / Wrong disk!

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 12 23:27:23 UTC 2006

System: FC4.

CD drive is a new one. It reports itself as:

	Vendor_info    : 'HL-DT-ST'
	Identifikation : 'RW/DVD GCC-4481B'

I did burning of CDRW in the past by using cdrecord or other tools.

Now, I did try cdrecord and cdrskeen . Results the same. Like in the subject.

But there is a blank CD in CD drive, of the type I did use in the past (though
I used these CDs to record to from Windows and it was on a different
machine).

I have googled the subject, tens of pages. But no solution found.

Let me know please anyone had a similar problem, or, better, just the
solution ;)

Don't ask me to put output garbage of different commands to the list. A lot of
people had the same problem and searching google for "cdrecord: No disk /
Wrong disk!" will bring the same results or very similar results as mine.

zb.