How to obtain Hardware/Software information

Seneca Cunningham tentra-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 12 15:36:20 UTC 2006

On 12-Jul-2006, at 11:16 :39, Paul Apking wrote:
> I'm trying to find the software that is installed, amount of
> memory, pci devices, usb devices, OS version, processor speed/type etc

I typically use the less distro-specific tools...

CPU:      $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
memory:   $ free
           $ cat /proc/swaps
PCI:      $ lspci
USB:      $ lsusb
PCMCIA:   $ cardctl info
OS:       $ lsb_release -a
hardware: # lshw

lsb_release isn't part of all distributions, but Redhat does have
it.  I can't remember enough rpm to use it, but that's what "man rpm"
is for.

--
Seneca Cunningham
tentra-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org