procedural, functional, *al programming

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 9 01:23:16 UTC 2006

As a computer science teacher, I would say that to expose them to
any teaching language other than a procedual-based one would cheat
them out of a valuable education.

I take it by "early in the education" you mean grade 10 or so. THat
is what I am talking about. Kids that age would be well-taught with
a language like Turing or OOT, although Delphi or similar high-
level language would also be useful. U of T at one time (maybe they
still do this) taught Java as a language to students with no
previous computer science experience.

Paul King