redhat vs. suse

Kyle O'Donnell kyleodonnell-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 7 14:16:58 UTC 2006

We have finally made a decision to bring linux in our environment.  I
have been asked to choose an enterprise level distribution. In terms
of support and market share the decision was narrowed to Redhat and
Suse.  We plan on using linux on both distributed and mainframe(ibm
zseries) systems.  Typically Redhat has owned the distributed and Suse
the mainframe.  I've used both extensively in the past and find Suse's
support superior.  I have found that Redhat makes a better product;
not to say one distro is technically superior, but its suite of tools
is easier to use.

Has anyone else been asked to make a similar decision.  Can you direct
me to some srticles on the topic?

Comments?

Thanks,
Kyle