More than half of SCO's claims are dismissed before trial

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 5 19:27:51 UTC 2006

On 7/5/06, Robert Brockway <rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> It's interesting that Rob Enderle tries to claim that having more than
> half of their claims dismissed is actually beneficial to The SCO Group.  I
> don't think the logic in his argument is very strong but then historically
> I've rarely if ever agreed with comments made by Mr Enderle.

Hmm.  The notion that dismissal is "good because it lets them
concentrate on the remaining attacks" strikes me as pretty weak.

If he had instead suggested that the result was good for them in that
it demonstrated that the remaining claims "weren't easily dismissed,"
I'd have a harder time arguing with it.
Oddly enough, this is completely standard behaviour for shells. This
is a roundabout way of saying `don't use combined chains of `&&'s and
`||'s unless you think Gödel's theorem is for sissies'.