Changing to vex.net

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 1 04:19:53 UTC 2006

The main thing is that I am changing ISPs to vex.net, so those of you used
to seeing pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org will now see sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org in my email
headers.

I have been a sympatico subscriber for the past 5-6 years, and I think it
is time to give it up. I ranted earlier that they had mismanaged NNTP, and
their new excuse for a contracted-out service is no better. You can't
write a 4-part FAQ if Sympatico drops the last 3 parts. So, I don't
believe that I am getting my money's worth for the value, and the public
who used to use Sympatico's NNTP bandwidth is being ripped off.

I am changing to vex.net, since they already host my website, and so might
as well start carrying my mailing list traffic. Over time, I am also going
to transfer control of the FAQ from my Sympatico to my Vex account (this
is not as straightforward as one may think).

Cost matters more to me than connection speed, and I am not sure if I will
get the high speeds or not. But I will be paying for a website and a DSL
connection for the same price Sympatico charges just for DSL and a dinky
website with no CGI/script capability -- essentialy an empty subdirectory
rather than a virtual domain.

Regards

Paul King