Webcam recommendations

ted leslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 1 00:06:15 UTC 2006

logitec quick cams work, we even got the little clip one that goes on your
portable to work,

there is a seperate driver project out there for them,
not sure logitech directly puts out drivers.
They are the golf ball type cams,

actaully on the driver page, its more the internal chip set that the drivers care about.

http://qce-ga.sourceforge.net/

is one of them,
but i remember seeing a more comprehensive list at one time.

now you can also get a cheap s-video in / tunner card from ati for about 40$
that runs on linux (i run one) and use a camera that has s-video out if you want to get into
higher quality.
Haupauge has a USB tuner/s-video device that can do it, if you stick with USB.

it sound like you are looking at survailence? which is a project i have done with linux before,
and most "web cams" just can't hack it. best to go with a s-video input and a good camera ..
and auto iris and focus etc usually bite on web-cams too, and then by the time you get to web-cams
that are good, your better off in capture card and standard handicam type territory.

-tl