So Rogers has lost me as a customer...

Ian Zimmerman nobrowser-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 31 02:07:35 UTC 2006

James> One thing I've noticed, is that a DHCP address on Rogers is
James> virtually static.  That is, it doesn't change unless there's a
James> physical reason, that requires a change.  Also, the host names,
James> derived from the computer and modem MAC addresses, are permanent.

This seemed to be true of my Comcast connection in California, too.
Something about how cable works.

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.