So Rogers has lost me as a customer...

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 30 21:51:18 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 02:40:12PM -0500, Byron Sonne wrote:
> ...the douchebags and their usual idiocy, I don't wanna get to into it
> but this is the last straw. Dumping cable and going to satellite for TV,
> too (open for suggestions in this regard as well).
>
> However I'm not sure what to do about getting a new service provider. I
> do alot of downloads and uploads, and for once I'd like a company that
> guarantee me some level of service and will put it on paper that I can
> run servers. I work from home alot, and I'd like to be able to run a
> small honeynet too.
>
> Goals: better than Rogers Extreme service, which is allegedly 8 Mbps
> down and 640 Kbps up. I'd rather not spend more than $100 a month.
> Residential service, too, although if I can get a phat business DSL line
> at a good price in this area of forest hill I'd totally consider that
> option.

Rogers extreme is 5Mbit down.  Quite fast, but it isn't 8Mbit. :)

> Gonna be a drag to lose the blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org email address, but I'll
> survive. Might finally get around to registering my own domain, so maybe
> I need some kind of package deal, eh? :)

There is always gmail, or one of the services where you can get a
permanent address that you forward to your real one.

Well it seems that igs.net is doing a reasonable job, at least from the
point of view of someone having used istop before they got transfered to
igs.  Their plan right now seems to be 3/4Mbit ($35/$70 / month), with
$10/month for static ip.  No transfer limits.

I can't find their terms of service anywhere, so I am not sure what
their policy is on things.

Len Sorensen