"Linux Format" further follow-up.

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 30 16:52:57 UTC 2006

Just to follow-up on the following, got word today
that my little write-up on GTALug will appear in
"Linux Format" issue 78, which will be on sale in
England on Thursday 9th March. How long after that
before the issue is available in Canada, your guess is
as good as (maybe better than) mine...

This all strikes me as VERY fast, it was over 1 year
between the time I submitted my story:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7127

all about setting up a temporary Internet lounge and
it being published in the February 2005 issue of
"Linux Journal"...

A while back there was someone here who was tracking
how much various publications paid for submissions. At
least for user group reports in "Linux Format" the
answer is some free copies of the magazine...

Not really complaining about payment, I wrote the
article in part of an afternoon, took images at that
evening's NewTLUG meeting, and then some more images
the next evening on the way home (pictures of Pho Hung
(one of which I used), and some pictures of the GSU
Pub (which in the end I didn't use)). Now I will have
one more line to add to my resume, and feeling good
about helping to promote the group to a wider
audience...

Colin McGregor