hald/gnome issues

Chris Friedt Chfriedt-0jnyayh6ARPqzrOJbVgLALDks+cytr/Z at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 30 16:34:30 UTC 2006

I've actually had the exact same issue. Incidentally, what kind of chip
are you using? I'm using an amd64, and have found that not-only HAL
doesn't autodetect media, but also, the gnome-cd player dies after
skipping a couple of tracks. I'm convinced that the latter problem may
be something to do with very low-level cd control mechanism. The HAL
problem - no idea. I've tried downgrading from gnome minor version 12 ->
10 (marked stable for amd64) and will soon see if that solves my
problem.

~/Chris