CIDR - networking

Kihara Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 27 18:37:28 UTC 2006

Hi,
 This is from fedora 4 /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file

# BrowseAddress: specifies a broadcast address to be used.  By
# default browsing information is not sent!
#
# Note: HP-UX does not properly handle broadcast unless you have a
# Class A, B, C, or D netmask (i.e. no CIDR support).
#
# Note: Using the "global" broadcast address (255.255.255.255) will
# activate a Linux demand-dial link with the default configuration.
# If you have a LAN as well as the dial-up link, use the LAN's
# broadcast address.
#

It looks like we still have systems that are not CIDR compliant after
all. Really surprising.

William