DNS question

John Sellens jsellens-Iv5KO+h6AVB+Y12zHexnB0EOCMrvLtNR at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 26 21:56:53 UTC 2006

|    Is there something special you need to do when adding a DNS entry for
| a domain to specify a certain sub domain as an NS server? I'm trying to
| create:

You typically have to register ns[12].domain.com with the domain
registry as name servers in that domain.  And then other domains
are allowed to refer to those NS in their registrations.

In the Tucows/opensrs interface, there's a menu item called
something like "publish name servers" - when you're in the page
where you define nameservers, there's a link at the bottom for
adding nameservers in the current domain.  Other domain regsitrars
will have something similar.

Hope that helps - cheers

John