Trying to get a wireless card working...

Thu Jan 26 06:00:30 UTC 2006

I have a PCI Netgear WG311v3 in one of my boxes, and I *should* be able
to get it working with ndiswrapper, but something's not working.  I
installed the driver with ndsiwrapper, and it said that it installed the
driver and that the hardware is present.  Goody ;-)  However...

When I run iwconfig, I see three interfaces - lo, eth0 and sit0.  The
loopback isn't helping, eth0 is a Realtek ethernet card, and I'm not
doing any IPv6, so sit0 is doing me no good at all.

As far as I can see, dmesg makes no mention of the card, which worries
me, but I am not the most clueful, so I have appended the contents of
dmesg to the end of this message.  lspci -vv has this to say about the
device, so I'm pretty sure it's there:

--snip--

0000:01:0d.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd.: Unknown device 1faa (rev 03)
	Subsystem: Netgear: Unknown device 6b00
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-

--snip--

What do I need to try to get this interface to show up as a networking
interface?  Any pointers are appreciated, thanks.
--

yours,

William