disgustingly offtopic: energy shopping

Stewart C. Russell scruss-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 25 01:21:56 UTC 2006

Anyone long on gas futures for this winter has lost badly; the expected
price dropped with the mild winter we're having.

Enbridge and now Toronto Hydro are allowed to book energy savings as
profits now. In the last few months, someone from your gas company
should've been round to check your pipe insulation, and fit low-flow
showerheads and tap aerators for free.

I wish I'd got Linux running properly on the Mini-ITX box, as it draws
about 35W, compared to my Athlon XP's ~100W. The iBook only draws 19W,
display included.

cheers,
  Stewart