Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 24 02:23:46 UTC 2006

William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:
>> The missing part is wpasupplicant. You need to install and configure it (if
>> you haven't already?) to use your home network. ifdown and ifup won't help
>> if it is not running as they will only bring the card up or down in a wep
>> or open state. It should run by default on startup. Which wireless card are
>> you using? You'll need to specify different options in the
>> /etc/default/wpasupplicant depending on your card.
>
> I'm using an Asus WL-100, it's a Prism 2.  I installed and configured
> wpasupplicant, and it seems to work, but I can't tell, because I can't
> connect to my AP :-)

Suppose you tried sniffing around a little with Kismet (if the card
supports monitor mode that is)? What kind of output do you get when you
run: wpa_supplicant -D hostap -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -dd

That's assuming of course that your wireless card is wlan0, which I
think is correct for Prism cards.

Jamon