[tpm] Job interview question

Fernando Duran liberosec-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 22 02:12:31 UTC 2006

the problem is easy; you step out of the car, give the
keys to your friend, tell him to drive the old lady
and you stay with the woman/man of your dreams. (You
may want to make sure you have bus fare or ask your
friend)

After several months of job hunting and interviews I
must be some kind of expert ;-)

And for those worrying, yes, I finally got a good IT
job - actually one and a half, one of them with a
company that rhymes with "doodle" :-)

Fernando

--- Alex Beamish <talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On 1/12/06, Indy Singh <indy-k5e8U2l/CWTzIImvGDD8mw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >

> > You are driving along in your car on a wild,
> stormy night. You pass by a
> > bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the
> bus:
> >
> > 1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to
> die.
> > 2. An old friend who once saved your life.
> > 3. The perfect man (or) woman you have been
> dreaming about.
> >
> > Which one would you choose to offer a ride to,
> knowing that there could
> > only be one passenger in your car.
> >
> > Think before you continue reading. This is a
> moral/ethical dilemma that
> > was once actually used as part of a job
> application.
>

> Interesting question .. obviously, I don't think far
> enough outside the box.
>
> I imagined stoppping, helping the old lady into the
> car, saying hello to my
> old friend and asking the young lady for her phone
> number in case the bus
> has come by the time I come back to pick her up.
>
> That's a cute question, but it's tough to imagine
> using a brain teaser in an
> interview situation unless you were trying to figure
> out if the candidate in
> question was really quite smart (but having a bad
> day) or a dolt (but making
> a lot of good guesses).
>
> Alex

Fernando Duran