Heads up; Ontario-wide brownout tests Thursday Jan 19

Tim Writer tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 21 15:13:21 UTC 2006

James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> writes:

> Tim Writer wrote:
> > John Vetterli <jvetterli-zC6tqtfhjqE at public.gmane.org> writes:

> >> I'm curious: did anybody experience any problems with their machines during
> >> the brownout periods?  As for myself, I didn't notice any difference.
> >
> > I was at a client's site and their private 10Mbps link to their colo went
> > down around 10:00 a.m. Coincidence?
> >

> Telecom companies have extensive power backup systems, that make it
> unlikely for such a problem to occur in their facilities.  Any sign of
> failure within the client's office?

I was working on something else and not sure where the failure was. Someone
mentioned something about a Cisco router so perhaps the voltage drop was
sufficient to reset a router within the office.

--
tim writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                                  starnix inc.
647.722.5301                                      toronto, ontario, canada