Jan 24th. NewTLUG meeting: Personal Information Managers - "Taming the TODO"

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 19 01:07:13 UTC 2006

On 1/18/06, Herb Richter <hgr-FjoMob2a1F7QT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Topic: Personal Information Managers - "Taming the TODO"

Building a todo application has been a very strong interest at my new
work/company.  In fact we're wrapping much of the way our people plan
and interact around the todo concept.

It started when we got frustrated with using Trac as a ticket manager.
 We wanted more.  We wanted a todo list because it was difficult for
us to organize ourselves properly to see beyond the daily fires.

At first I wanted to put some development effort into improving Trac
for our purposes, even to contribute code to the project.  However,
after a while we decided our philosophies would clash.  We looked out
into the world for other application to use for various purposes, and
tried a bunch.. eventually stumbling upon backpack.

Looking at backpack we though to ourselves.. we can do better.  Oh yes
we can do better.

It's been some time since our app obsoleted our use of Trac, and now
we're using it every moment of every day.

We still take the time to check out other people's methods to
understand what works when and why.. and to adapt our processes as we
learn.

I'll definitely have a peek at the article, and it so happens that I
have Tuesdays off.. so I'll come.  =)