Heads up; Ontario-wide brownout tests Thursday Jan 19

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 17 03:21:19 UTC 2006

On 1/16/06, Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>   A chance to see how well your computers do (or don't) stand up to
> brownouts.
>
>   The Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) is planning a routine
> voltage reduction test for Thursday, January 19, 2006.
>
>   A province-wide voltage reduction of three per cent will take place
> between 9:30 am and 11:30 am followed by a five per cent reduction from
> 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
>
>   See http://www.ieso.ca/imoweb/media/md_newsitem.asp?newsID=2699 for
> further details.

Ok.  Now see, that just makes my heart go all warm n stuff.  I suppose
it's a good thing they're testing, but you know someone's gunna get
burnt.  During Winter isn't a pleasant thought, even if it is warmer
than normal.

Anyway, got several weeks of list traffic to sort through.  Wanted to
say thanks for the heads up though.  :-)

FOSS Early Warning System ....................................... [ OK ]

lol.

--
Scott Elcomb
psema4.gotdns.com