OT: Digital Camera Photo Album

Martin Duclos tchitow-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 16 23:30:35 UTC 2006

On my quest to find yet other tools, I've found jalbum which is used to
create a webpage album of photos. I've actually played with that one. It's
not a photo management software. Just to create static photo album pages.
It's also very easy to use! Hope this helps!

On Monday 16 January 2006 08:25, Martin Duclos wrote:
 > Hey hey!
 >
 > Was just looking for the same actually. I downloaded digikam last night.
 > Haven't played around too much yet so I can't really offer an opinion...
 >
 > http://www.digikam.org
 >
 > Martin
 >
 > Greetings,
 >
 > I just bought a digital camera and am looking for some software to store
 > images on (A digital photo album). I googled "Photo Album" and it came up
 > with  http://jalbum.net/ . Does anyone know of any other software
(running
 > on Linux) that I can check out.
 >
 > Thanks
 >
 > Jason Carson

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but f-spot works extremely
well.

http://f-spot.org/Features

There are a couple of good reviews here:
http://www.writingup.com/f_spotter/introduction_to_the_f_spot_photo_manager
http://www.linux-mag.com/content/view/2290/    ( free registration required
)

--
Jason Shein
Director of Networking, Operations and Systems
jason-xgs8i/e9EeWTtA8H5PvdGCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
( 905 ) - 876 - 4158 Voice
( 905 ) - 876 - 5817 Mobile
http://www.detachednetworks.ca