[tpm] Job interview question

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 16 14:58:11 UTC 2006

> The correct answer to such a question in a job interview would be to
> ignore it and take the next one. If pressed, say you do not consider it
> relevant to the job and would handle it when and where encountered,
> should such an unlikely situation occur.
<snip>

It may be that the point of asking such a question is not to get an answer
but to see how the interviewee reacts to being asked a wierd question.

I recall the description of an interview where the candidates were given a
puzzle to solve - removing a ball from a container with a couple of
sticks. In fact, it was impossible to remove the ball but the interviewers
wanted to see how long the interviewee would persist and whether they
would lose their temper.

In my opinion, this sort of thing is too clever by half.

Peter

--
Peter Hiscocks
Professor Emeritus,