IBM laptop

Paul Mora paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 16 04:58:44 UTC 2006

I just wanted to add to this whole raging Thinkpad support debate.

I have a Thinkpad T42, and it works flawlessly with Linux, out of the box,
with virtually every distribution I've tried.  The most I've ever had to do
is use yum to download some missing RPMs, most notably the modem and
wireless drivers for Fedora Core 4.  Ubuntu (Edubuntu, Kubuntu) recognized
every piece of hardware in the thing.

I think the only thing that is not well supported is hot swapping Ultrabay
devices.

If you have specific questions about my Thinkpad config, ask away, and I'll
do my darndest to answer. ;-)

pm

--
Paul Mora