OT: Digital Camera Photo Album

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 15 05:37:22 UTC 2006

On 1/14/06, Jason Carson <jay-ZPnsNkHkFjk at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I was checking out sourceforge and found a program called "Gallery" so I
> think I am going to use that unless somebody mentions something better.

I've played with Gallery.  While not perfect, it's pretty good.

I don't think it would be an elegant solution for managing large
collections.. shuffling things around etc.  But as an online and
multi-user gallery it works well for my uses.

I'd expect a lot more from a standalone personal photobook ..

These days I'm just using mediawiki because I don't have very many
pictures and don't need features as such.  My local stuff is just kept
as good old files in directories, until that paradigm is replaced by
archive management in a database one day.