OT: non-commercial open source license?

Aaron Vegh aaronvegh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 13 16:59:59 UTC 2006

Thanks all for a very interesting and educational discussion. I
definitely should have understood that restricting use in any way and
"open source" are contradictory. The author has since considered a
BSD-style license for his software, but doesn't seem too interested in
actually pursuing it.

So I'm going to write my own version of this application and GPL it.
After all, where there's a need, the community will route around any
blockages. :-)

Cheers,
Aaron.