linux display driver for M810LMR motherboard/prosavage4 graphics

PW Armstrong pwa.linux-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 13 16:43:38 UTC 2006

well, tracked down the latest drivers (OK, OK, they're old) at
http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=18&CatID=2080&SubCatID=111,
and installed them.

didn't make any difference, still can't change the resolution above
800x600, what step(s) am I missing?  in fact, after changing the video
card type to s3 savage4/savage, it reverted back to VESA driver
(generic).  obviously I've screwed up some where

any and all help is appreciated

-peter