State of the art spam control?

Ivan Avery Frey ivan.frey-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 13 14:26:42 UTC 2006

When I receive mail on my imap inbox at the University of Toronto, I am
trasparently authenticated to use the smtp server assigned to me because
they remember the ip that accessed the imap server.

The only annoyance is that it times out every now and then which is
usually avoided by doing a get mail before I send mail.

But of course this would be subject to a man in the middle attack, but
for now it doesn't appear to be a problem.

Is such a solution feasible in Linux?

Ivan.