IBM laptop

Akshay Lamba akshay-c8nXU9rt5iNWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 13 05:56:36 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 00:06 -0500, William Park wrote:
> Have you considered Acer?  Because
>     - IBM don't make laptops anymore, and
>     - Acer seems to be very aggressive in retail store, right now.

My knowledge of acer laptops are that they're pretty good for the
amount. But compatibility with linux is really really bad. More so since
I purchased a linux pre-installed laptop which I changed to ubuntu and
could'nt get most of the things to work with no support available from
wipro (the company that owns acer).

Akshay