Tux a http daemon or a suid like utility

Kihara Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 12 18:55:43 UTC 2006

Hi,
  I am kind of confused. I have all along assumed tux was a kernel
httpd for 2.4 when it threads (If I am not wrong) were not fast enough
for a user level httpd. Since native posix threading library came out,
this kernel httpd became unnecessary.
  I just looked at the running services and tux is there. I ended up
on man pages and developed a feeling tux was a hal like utility. I am
lost to think like that? What is the difference between HAL and tux?

Thank you a lot in advance

William Kihara Muriithi