Xenophobia (was Re:jobs in Linux / IT)

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 11 18:04:26 UTC 2006

On 1/11/06, Matthew Godycki <mcg2-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> While no place is perfect on earth, Canada is one of the best places to
> live. I realized the true value of Canada when I visited my home country
> last year....
>
> Imran.
> I think that sentiment is shared by many of us who have been lucky enough to
> immigrate here, whether many years ago or recently.
>
>  -Matt

I have spoken to many who echo that sentiment... both recent
immigrants as well as people who have been here for decades.

Also, living in Toronto is especially tolerant and welcoming to
diverse cultures. Other cities and towns in Canada do not seem to be
at the same level as T.O. where this is concerned. I believe the
longer you live in and around Toronto, the MORE understanding and
tolerant you become of everyone else's culture.