Xenophobia (was Re:jobs in Linux / IT)

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 11 16:15:23 UTC 2006

[ I've renamed the subject to allow people to easily ignore this
offtopic sub-thread ]

Christopher Charles wrote:

>Evan
>
>Have you checked my website ... especially the employment section at the bottom?

No, and I'm not going to bother. You've trolled on this list for cheap
page hits before. Tell me, _here_, the link is between what's on your
website and xenophobia.

>Observing my employment record, would you say  I have integrated?

Since I don't know you, it would be hard to tell from any employment
record whether you have made an effort to integrate, let alone
succeeeded. I know from first hand experience that some people choose
not to integrate, an option that appears to be accepted more in Canada
than in many other countries. (ie, how many police forces outside India
have an option of turbans as official headgear?) A xenophobic society
would be quite intolerant of such practise.

>Remember I have lived here for 30 years, most of my life.

And I have known a number of Canadians who went to their graves knowing
less than a dozen words of English, leaving children and siblings to
assist interaction with the outside world.

>I went to high school here not to mention college and university.

College *and* university? That's very odd, most people choose one path
or the other. Maybe you made some sub-optimal life choices, I don't know
you well enough to make an opinion on that. However, I would suggest
that blaming underachieving results on xenophobia is quite a stretch.

Given the topic at hand, how much of all that education was in anthropology?

- Evan