a sort of exam...

Muhammad Imran imranqau-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 8 23:45:06 UTC 2006

One way is to use VNC. You can use Xvnc (raw x-server). Xvnc can be started
on demand using xinetd. For example, it will automatically be started on a
new display once a client comes in. And X session will be terminated as the
client exits. You will need TightVNC (or RealVNC) and a vncviewer for that.

I actually did a project in college. What it does is, it displays a complete
copy of Open Office running inside any java-enabled web browser. For every
new instance of browser a new Xvnc session is created with Open Office and a
window manager running on it. Every user has independent session. This was
done using java-based VNC viewer being served by Apache through
xinetd.......

If you want to do something similar then i can give u additional
information.

XDMCP can also be used for X-Terminal server. For that you may want to have
a look at this document:

http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/XDMCP-HOWTO/

All the best,
Imran.